16 Charlois Court
Dartmouth, NS B2W-2R4
- To contribute to the Tripod community's development by providing fast, sensitive, first-class service to its membership.
- Created, designed and moderated an academic webpage that has received over 200,000 'hits' to date.
- Three year's familiarity with the Internet and the Web.
- Member and frequent user of the Tripod website for two years.
- Fast and proficient HTML writer.
- Taught basic, intermediate and advanced English conversation classes in Korea.
- Excellent speaking, writing, editing and listening skills.
- Ability to draft written correspondence and email very quickly.
- Typing speed 55-60 words per minute.
Customer and Membership Service
- Ten year's experience using DOS, Windows and MacIntosh software.
- Proficient with email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics programs.
- Completed YMCA Life Skills Coach Training course.
- Extensive volunteer and volunteer management experience.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Curiousity and interest in meeting a wide variey of people.
Saint Marys University, Halifax - BA in Geography. GPA 3.24
YMCA Life Skills Coach Certificate, Ottawa, 1992.
Attended Nova Scotia College of Art and Design - Environmental Planning, 1982-1984.
English Teacher, Cho Young Gyo Foreign Language Institute.
November 1996 - November 1996
Laboratory Assistant, Department of Geography, Saint Mary's University.
- Taught ESL classes to university professors, students and business people.
- Researched lesson plans on the intenet and prepared them in HTML.
1994 - 1996
Environmental Assessment Assistant, Environment Canada Atlantic Region
- Taught laboratory coursework in physical geography and GIS to first-year students.
- Marked students assignments in a fast and accurate manner.
May 1993 - September 1993
Telephone Interviewer, Canadian Facts Market Research
- Created a map library, document collection and database for the Environmental Assessment Division.
- Reviewed selected development projects for their environmental impact.
1994 - 1996
Environmental Affairs Researcher, Torrie-Smith Associates, Ottawa.
- Conducted public opinion and market research surveys by telephone on evenings and weekends.
March 1991 - June 1992
Research Assistant, the ARA Consulting Group, Ottawa.
- Prepared, with other staff, case materials for the environmental hearings into a series of nuclear power stations.
- Also assisted with organizing a one-week seminar for 60 visiting scientists from China.
August 1990 - March 1991
Project Officer, Occupational Safety Division, Canada Safety Council.
- Assisted senior consultants in an independent evaluation of the federal Program on Energy Research and Development (PERD).
May 1989 - March 1991
Project Consultant, Energy Pathways, Inc.
- Wrote a series of safety pamphlets covering the office workplace.
- Assisted with organizing the Council's annual conference.
- Prepared grant applications, answered inquiries from the general public
March 1988 - 1989.
Office Manager, Nova Scotia College of Art and Design Student Union
- Assisted senior consultants in an independent evaluation of the R-2000 Super Energy-Efficient Home Program.
1982 - 1984
- Responsible for filing, correspondence, bookkeeping and organizing student council meetings.
Literacy Tutor, Options Community Outreach Program, Summer 1996.
Lobbied the Minster of Parks in Ottawa, on behalf of the Black United Front of Nova Scotia, to end a whites-only hiring policy at a national historic site. Ottawa, 1993.
Board Member, Nuclear Awareness Project, Ottawa, 1990 - 1992.
Board Member, Friends of the Rainforest, Ottawa, 1990 - 1991.
Board Member, Ontario Public Interest Research Group, Ottawa, 1988 - 1990
Lead a lobbying campaign for an environmental assessment of a proposed Nuclear Submarine Acquisition Program. Ottawa, 1988.
Organized a two-day workshop on barter exchange systems for community economic development groups. Halifax, April 1987.
Environmental Researcher and Activist, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax, 1986 - 1987.
Local Committee Member, Canadian Crossroads International, Halifax, 1983 - 1984.